Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santorini i not expecting luxury but the trip advisor pics look rather grim!, esp the bathrooms.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santorini i not expecting luxury but the trip advisor pics look rather grim!, esp the bathrooms.?

Starts
    2nd February 2019
    Ends
    2nd February 2019

Santorini was excellent last year - I went twice. It is a basic 2 star Villa but very clean and staff are excellent. In fact, bathroom was much better than other Greek Solos venues I have been to. Rooms however are of variable size so ask for a decent one (not 5 or 17)

Comment

Thanks for the reply and info DBA.
      Anyone else with feedback please?

Comment

Originally posted by Bellini View Post
        Thanks for the reply and info DBA.
        Anyone else with feedback please?
        Hello Bellini, I have been twice now to Santorini and loved it. Room 14 was inside and a larger room compared to some, but I had no;7 last year and it was outside entrance which I loved very spacious on a courtyard. Most outside entrance rooms are quite big, shower rooms can be small in most rooms. I never spent a lot of time in my room it was just to sleep and shower.
        So much to see and do and night life is on your doorstep...No noise at night if you are a early to bed person. I will go back no problem.....

Comment

Hi,
          I was there 2 years ago for a fortnight. The rooms are basic. However it was fine for me.
          Like Dreamer I only slept/showered there. I am aware some of the interior rooms are smaller, but no one commented that their room was too small.
          The bath/shower room was OK.

Comment

Hi all, thank you for replies, i have taken plunge and booked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bellini View Post
              Hi all, thank you for replies, i have taken plunge and booked it!
              Well done Bellini,
              You will not regret it honest.. Lots of places to eat and drink very local so no taxis required. Ros the rep will look after you and show you lots of places to see, also takes people on walks and bus trips if interested. Most important is take beach shoes if you have them if not you can buy them locally so not a problem.....Enjoy... Looking forward to going back one day...

Comment

Hi Bellini

I loved Santorini and thinking of going back again this year. Ros is a brilliant rep and the hotel staff are very nice and friendly. Hotel is basic but clean and cozy. However most of the time you will be out anyway.... If you go to the beach most of the sun beds are free if you order a drink (or two) ...the waiter comes out regularly to check if you need anymore drinks... I agree with Dreamer the beach shoes are a must as the black sand gets really hot... There is a brilliant shoe shop on the promenade.... The trips are good and on one of them I bought Oregano from the Monks and its just the best ever. Really recommend to take some home with you..... Anyway have a great time.
                Last edited by Katarina; 18th February 2019, 13:22.

Comment

Bathrooms very basic, wear flip flops in the shower and put your bathmat outside the door to step onto as the water doesn't run away and floor is slippy. Shower has a curtain which is horrible for shower cling and sticking to your bum so twist it and hook it behind taps to keep out the way. This is usual for small Greek villas. Upper floor rooms are mostly brighter and airy, the ones downstairs tend to be dark as people kept their shutters closed due to being looked in at ground level.

Comment

Working...
                  X