Club Solo Zakynthos Sept 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Solo Zakynthos Sept 2019

Hi all, I'm contemplating booking my first Solos holiday and have been looking at Zakynthos at the end of Sept so not too far away. Any comments/experiences of this holiday or any recommendations for elsewhere as a first experience?
    I'm assuming that the Club Solos holidays are the ones where the whole hotel is occupied by the Solos group? …… I thought that might be the gentlest introduction to holidaying Solo?

Hi Judy.
    I’ve just booked this hotel for the 29th sept. I chose this one over a couple of the other clubsolos around the same time as the age range was slightly younger.
    Have you booked it? Or anyone else booked on this?

Comment

Hi Gareth,
      Yes, after dithering for a while I also booked this for 29th Sept earlier on today. I chose it as I've already been to all the places where the other club solo holidays are located but have never been to Zakynthos. When I booked (at lunchtime) they said that there were 5 others already going (4 females, 1 male) ranging in age from 49 to I think 63. I'm 53. Assume that with you that's makes 7 so far? Now I've taken the plunge I'm really looking forward to it. Will be flying from East Midlands rather than Gatwick so will meet up with those on the Gatwick flight at Zakynthos airport for the transfer to resort as my flight gets in 15 min before. Have you done a solos holiday before?

Comment

I booked it at about 1pm and I was told the same. 4 lady’s & 1 man. The other clubsolos had more people booked on, but were mainly 60’s & 70’s. I’m 48 and this group are mainly in their 50’s at the mo, so I booked crossing my fingers a few more people would also join. So if it’s 7 people now, and a few more people join, that’ll be great.
        Ive been on 3 solos before. All clubsolos and loved everyone.
        Last one to the bar buys the babychams 🏃.....💨

Comment

Don't worry Gareth I'm 53 going on 33 :-)
          I booked about 12:15. Checked the website 4 hours later and the price had gone down £100. I rang back and they gave me the reduction so some should be able to afford a few babychams!

Comment

I also liked the fact that it’s great flight times (if you don’t mind getting up in the middle of the night!!!) and going Sunday to Sunday, you only need 5 days off work, not 6. So you must be flying about 5.45am?

Comment

Yep, flight leaves at 5:40 arrives 11:10. I'm only 20 mins from east mids as opposed to 2.5 hrs from Gatwick so it was a no brainer. Can always have a nap on a sun bed once there!

Comment

Well I look forward to seeing you at the airport. Not long now 😎

Comment

Working...
                X