Club Solos - Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Solos - Greece

Hi. I'm looking at either Crete, Zakynthos or Cephalonia later in the year but, literally, cannot decide ! Can anyone recommend one ? Would prefer a quieter location with lots of options re. day trips, walking, boat trips etc ?

hi, done crete and zakinthos the kefalonia is a new one so not been there,,out of the other two i prefer crete, i am afraid that the zakinthos apartments in my opinion left a lot to be desired

Comment

Hi All ....did anyone have their holiday in Tuscany at Xmas cancelled & have you received a refund yet ? I'm just curious & not being critical of Solos in any way

Comment

Hi there
        Have done both Crete and Zakynthos and also prefer Crete......fantastic island. Not been to Cephalonia but it seems to be more laid back. If you enjoy walking maybe take a look at the Cephalonia/Ithaca walking holiday. I am considering that particular holiday but have just seen the Ionian sailing holiday........now I can’t make my mind up!!

Comment

Have stayed in Crete and Zakinthos. Crete would be my choice. Lovely family who look after you. Kato Gouves is a quiet resort with some great restaurants. Plenty of trips available with Solos or, like me, jump on a local bus. Cheap and cheerful!

Comment

Does anyone know if the Club Solos holidays to Greece are currently happening, and if not, when are they likely to start? If they are going ahead, what Covid restrictions are there, especially in Crete which is where I am planning to go.

Comment

Hi Gazzah
              waiting for update from Solos. First flight out to Heraklion with Jet 2 from East Midlands who I use is 19th July. If Crete remains in Amber zone then it will probably be cancelled. I have moved my dates to 31st August hoping that Crete might be in the Green zone by then. Important to check travel insurance as my annual policy would be invalid if still in Amber zone. Restrictions will depend on what zone Crete will be in. Hope that helps.Regards John Z.

Comment

Thanks John, the FCDO are not advising against travel to Crete or Zakynthos and I noticed that TUI flights (which Solos use from Gatwick) are currently flying to Heraklion. It also seems to be the case that if you have had both vaccinations then that is enough to get you into Crete, so even though it is currently Amber, I see no reason why Mr Iraklis isn't welcoming guests at this very moment. It doesn't affect me too much because I have booked for September, I was just curious about the current situation.

Comment

Have emailed Kostas, Mr I’s son, and he says they are open. No doubt we will get more information after 19th July when Solos HQ are updated with regard to our dates.
                  I have also booked to go to Club Solos in Croatia on Sunday 3rd October for 14 nights flying from Birmingham. Anything could happen in the next few weeks with the infection rates rising. I live in hope! Hoping to go to Pathos for a month in January 2022 all being well. Got to do things whilst I’m still fit enough! Plan to spend Christmas in Benalmadena. Take care.

Comment

Looking to go to Corfu - Club Solo 3rd Sept- first time abroad with solo -anyone else going and how complicated is it to get all the necessary Covid pass documentation?

Comment

I went to club Solos Crete a couple of years ago for a week and have booked to go for 2 weeks this time did not go on any trips before but would like to do a few this time where there is not much walking involved can anyone recommend any.

Comment

Working...
                      X