No announcement yet.

Club Solos Crete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks John, I knew I could rely on you to be well organised. Like Nicky, I also heard that we could do out pre-departure test down the road from the Iraklis. 25 Euros seems quite reasonable, so I think I will do that. I assume fit-to-fly and pre-departure are the same thing. Not yet booked the Day 2 test. I assume the discounted Solos recommended one will be OK I believe we fill in two PLFs ,a Greek one for going, and a UK for returning. Not sure what people without smartphones would do. Internet cafe maybe

Comment

Correct that you need two PLF’S. Strongly advise that you do the one required for entry to Greece soonest. Use website travel.gov.gr
      PLF for return to UK will need to be done from Greece. Usually up to 72 hrs before returning. Day 2 test on return can be ordered in advance for use at home or you can see if the airport that you are flying into does that on your return. Guess that depends what time you land! Cost could also be a factor. On my return I’ll only have 19 days to organise my trip to Croatia on 3rd Oct. People without mobiles can ask someone like me to do it for them on their iPad/laptop.

Comment

If you decide to send for Day 2 kit to use at home you will need its reference number for your return PLF to UK. If possible take photo of box with all the relevant information on it with your mobile/iPad/laptop for backup. Happy travels.

Comment

Ensure you have a adequate supply of face masks. Washable ones are available and are more convenient and better for the environment. Amazon have a good selection.

Comment

Update. PLF before returning to the UK is to be done in resort up to 48 hrs before departing.

Comment

I believe I have everything undercontrol re PLFs, Fit to Fly, day 2 test, masks, plastic gloves, etc. My biggest fear is I might pick up Covid before I go, so I am trying to have minimal contact with people at the moment. Paranoia has been sparked by my niece, a doctor, who flew out to malta for a long weekend over August bankholiday. Day 2 she came down with Covid and now has to isolate in a small room in Malta for 2 wks before she can consider returning to UK. I consider myself a seasoned traveller.......but the current Covid situation has turned holidays into something quite different!

Comment

Good morning. Enjoying my first breakfast in sunny Kato Gouves. Journey here very straightforward. Will update you later.

Comment

Happy Holiday John! Enjoy.....

Comment

Hi Nicky
                    I'm there 7-24 Sept too. Look forward to meeting you
                    Alison

Comment

I arrive the day you leave! Shame! Enjoy your holiday and let me have some tips etc if you can. Alan

Comment

I am going on my first solos holiday to Crete 14th - 28th September. Anyone else going or will I be talking yo
                        myself?

Comment

Hi Alan, I'm going on the 14th Sept for a week. It will be my third time. Lovely apartments not far from the beach. It's a small quiet resort but with a good selection of bars and restaurants. The Central Bar is probably the best, just a short walk from the Apartments although the bar at the Apartments is very nice too. Usually a nice mix of people so you certainly won't be talking to yourself. Regards, Gary.

Comment

Thanks Gary very encouraging. I look forward to having a drink or two with you at one of the bars!

Comment

Hi Alison, good to hear from someone else who is there at the same time. You make me jealous.......you have a 2 wk + break! I would have loved 2 wks but didnt want to push my luck with things changing all the time. Are you flying from Gatwick? KR Nicky

Comment

Hi Nicky, yes spending two weeks there…sounds as though it may be the right decision? And yes leaving from Gatwick early in the morning! I hope you have a lovely time.

Comment

Working...
                                X