No announcement yet.

Club Solos Crete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way my name is Alan. My sister’s was Alison!

Comment

I can confirm that you can get a fit to fly test done for €25. This is organised by the solos rep and is done by a reputable clinic at the Iraklis Taverna. Jane will sort it out for you at the welcome meeting. No faffing about. Brilliant! Lovely Helen the usual barmaid is working a few nights a week so things are getting back to normal. The central bar has been extended and continues to show live sports. No rain here since early May! Off to Heraklion on the local bus this morning. Probably have an ice cream lunch to cool me down. Let me know if you have any issues. Regards John.

Comment

N.B. On checking in at East Midlands Airport I had to show proof of my PLF for entry into Greece so make sure you have a copy handy. On landing in Heraklion they were only interested in seeing my passport so suspect your PLF is linked to it.

Comment

Thank you John most helpful. I think I am getting the hang of it! All sounds great. Best Alan

Comment

Great stuff, John. What would we do without you. So glad Helen will be about. Wouldn't be the same without her. Let us know how it is in Herakleion. Last I heard it was like a ghost town. I guess it's masks on all public transport. Does that include the minibus from the airport? Hope the weather cools down a bit by the 14th. I don't like it too hot.

Comment

Greetings Gazzah. Had a good day in Heraklion. Went with Jane the rep and did a recce of the new bus station. Very functional unlike the chaotic old one! Had a nice lunch. You will need face mask to use public transport and enter shops. A lot of people wear masks in the open air which is a personal matter. I put one on if its busy. Strongly suggest you bring a slack handful of good quality masks and a washable one. Having drinks in the Island Beach Hotel bar then on to Two Friends for dinner tonight. Bream for me. Delicious!

Comment

Hello everyone. I'll be coming out to Crete on 14th September -- first Solos holiday , and looking forward to meeting you all. Bill

Comment

Hi Bill. Excellent choice for your first Solos Holiday. You will be well looked after. If in doubt about anything just ask! The family will always resolve any problems. If you have any questions let me know and I’ll advise you. Regards John.

Comment

Can I just confirm, as I am fully vaccinated, there is no need for me to have a Covid test before I fly to Crete. Someone has just told me I need to have one for the airline, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Comment

When I flew out it was not required. Ensure you have proof of your vaccinations to show to check in staff at your outbound airport. The information is also on your passenger locator form under the heading Digital Certificate. I printed a copy out to show at check in because mobiles aren’t 100% reliable and the battery runs out at the most inconvenient time! Belt and braces. Some people don’t read and interpret govt advice correctly. The old adage measure twice and cut once springs to mind. Have you completed your PLF yet? If not get it done soonest. Off to the Medusa restaurant tonight via the cocktail bar opposite for the seafood. BBQ tomorrow afternoon by the pool. Bliss! 30c today.

Comment

Thanks John, enjoy the BBQ. I haven't done the PLF yet. I don't fly out until the 14th and the Solos joining instructions haven't arrived yet, and the PLF asks for flight details I believe. My Day 2 test is now booked and I think everything else is sorted. Looking forward to the 14th but feeling a little anxious this year with all the Covid stuff. Regards Gary.

Comment

Your flight details are on your booking invoice so you don’t have to wait for your flight tickets.

Comment

OK John, but the invoice only shows flight times, not Flight Number. The invoice also states that flight times are correct at the time the invoice was issued (25/01/21) but to refer to the flight tickets issued 7 to 10 days before departure for accurate flight information. So I think that's what I'll do. Hopefully that will be tomorrow.

Comment

Try going on Solos website. Sign in and put your booking ref number in and check to see if your invoice has been updated with the information you require. Worked fine for me!

Comment

Thanks John. Just checked my invoice and flight details have been updated. ps Gazza -- I am also staying at the Premier Inn 13th ready for an early start.

Comment

Working...
                                X