Club Solos Crete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Solos Crete?

So I have booked Crete for 7th -14 th Spetember! Is anybody else going from the forum? I think there are 15 people who will be there......I am told it is fully booked!

Hi. My name is John and I am flying out on the 31st August from East Midlands Airport for 14 nights so will meet you on the 7th Sept. If this is your first visit don’t worry. You will be well looked after. I have stayed at the Iraklis apartments a few times and I’m sure you will not be disappointed. The rep pencilled in is very good. It’s going to be hot so pack accordingly!

Comment

Hi John, good to hear from you! I'll look forward to meeting you on the 7th! I cope with hot weather so that is great news! I have to admit that I am trying not to get too excited.....half expecting Greece to say they don't want the Brits because our Covid numbers are on the up!!! Enjoy your first week and we can raise a glass when I arrive. Nicky

Comment

The Greek tourist board is very keen for us Brits to travel there. Their Income is very dependent on our business! I normally go to Crete in May and October as summer is to hot for me but I can work round it with early walks after breakfast which usually starts at 0800 hrs and early evening scrolls when the temperature drops a little.

Comment

Hope you both have a great time. I'm flying out there on the 14th. Looking forward to seeing Helen, and Christos from the Central Bar. I am told there is somewhere in the village where you can get the pre-departure covid test. Is that what most people are doing? Holiday planning is so much more complicated now.

Comment

Kostas informs me that Helen is doing tattoos at the moment and no longer does the bar. Shame! She knows I’m coming and will meet me for a catch-up. Will take her some old fashioned sweets which she loves. I have purchased a pre-departure test to take with me. Managed to get one from a reputable company for

Comment

Oops! Part of message didn’t go! :-

Comment

Still having technical problems!

Comment

Thanks John, I'm a bit confused by these remote video Covid tests. Can it be done on my phone, and is it done using zoom, or do you just record you just record yourself doing it and email it? Maybe when you get there next week, you could let me know what the advice is, and what people are doing. Say Hi to Helen for me. I'm the one she kept calling Graham, regards Gary.
                  Last edited by Gazzah; 29 August 2021, 09:20.

Comment

Randox supply the kit you need with full details how to use it. Video conference appointment via the internet so you need to book it in advance to get a slot. Have received day 2 kit for when I return which I will do at home. Some airports will do the test for you when you return. You need to check opening times. Solos have useful information. Will check situation in Kato Gouves. 2020 was an horrendous year for me so looking forward to two weeks of total chill out amongst friends.

Comment

Hi Gary and John, as we are talking Covid tests I just want to confirm my evaluation of what we need. I believe (?) if we are double vaccinated we do not need to do a Covid test to get into Greece? I was told by Solos that the rep could arrange our Fit to Fly home Covid test locally at a clinic down the road from taverna for 25 euros. this is what I was planning on doing. I have ordered a day 2 test to do in the UK on my return. its all worrying me to death..........Nicky

Comment

Your assumption is correct. Ensure you have NHS proof of vaccinations. On arrival at Heraklion airport selected individuals will be selected to have a rapid antigen test at the entrance gates. Fit to fly certificate for €25 locally is a good deal. I will look into it on my arrival. Your priority now is to fill out a PLF (Passenger Locator Form). Go to:- travel.gov.gr
                        Do not use any other website! Fairly straightforward to fill in. Take your time and double check everything.
                        I always do two copies of everything. One on my person and another copy in my suitcase. The sooner you do a PLF the better. One less thing to worry about. I have a Day 2 kit ready and waiting for my return. They are pretty straightforward to complete. Read the instructions twice and take your time. Take care. Regards John.

Comment

If you have any more concerns or require some advise I suggest that you email me. johnzaremb64@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks John......you are obviously very organised! Safe Journey out there! Nicky

Comment

You’re welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X