X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi All

Thought I would bring this thread back to the top to try to encourage some feed back..........................

Chris

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi All

Just back from Ischia with a great group...........had one or two private messages about Kos which I thought I would share with you.

If your looking for a great hotel with great food, great rooms with great views then come to Kos this year.............the migrant situation last year is over as there are no Migrants in Kos as there were last year. Because people think there is still a problem out there the Island is not busy this year even in August.

As I have said I will be back on 21st September for the rest of the season and I know the place very well as I have worked it for many years so PLEASE don't worry about the negative issues and book for a great holiday.

Look forward to any feed back from anyone who has been this year...........or thinking about booking or have any doubts about this holiday.

Regards

Chris

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi it seems that we are now sold out for 15th June with just a few places left for 22nd June so if you were thinking about booking now is the time to do it.

We have places for 6th July and I know people are calling the office about this holiday but not booking yet, can I suggest that if you are thinking about coming on 6th July you book now in case it sells out like 15th June.

Any questions please come back to me.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Robert777
    replied
    OK thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi Robert

I don't know the exact numbers yet for 15th June but at last count there were 12 people, some staying for a week and others for two weeks. We also have a group coming out the following week which I understand will average at 12 per week.......AT THE MOMENT.

The situation is ( but I would not advise it) you can book with a debit or credit card up until 24 hours before the holiday. The reason for payment now is the same for all our holidays....payment is required a certain number of weeks before travel.

If you do confirm your booking and would like some information of Kos, the hotel or the area please come back to me.

Can I just thank Georgwewn for coming onto the forum to help

Regards

Chris

Leave a comment:

• georgewn.1
    replied
    The best way to find details of numbers ages and genders is to give solos a call ( try 02085912800 ) they will also answer your question about payment and take that payment over the phone.

Leave a comment:

• Robert777
    replied
    Hi I was going to book for 15th, but although it still says there is room available it also says the money must be paid by today (22/5). Does that mean that a) I won't be able to book after today and b) there aren't many people going?

Could you give me some idea of the number/sexes/rough age range of the people going? And will I be able to book after today? (If I can't and you don't see this until Monday it will be something of a moot point).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi All

Just wanted to let you know that I have been in touch with my agent in Kos and they are getting things together for our arrival from 15th June. I am delighted to confirm that the great excursions on offer are very much in line with what we have done over the past 6 years.

Just as an example I can confirm that we will spend a day on the island of Nisyross which is a beautiful volcanic island and we can actually walk on the caldera.... A day cruising to 3 islands in the Aegean, one we lunch at and the other two we swim.....just lay back on the boats sun beds and enjoy the sun, ,or shade if you prefer. A great Greek night up in the mountain village of Pyli with VIP seats for Solos customers, food and as much wine as you can drink. We can also arrange day visits to Bodrum and island tours.

So, if you have booked and would like more information or thinking of booking please come back to me on this Forum.....if I don't hear from you see you in Kos

Chris

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi Mr James

Thank you very much for taking the time to come onto the Forum and for the helpful feed back on this great hotel. We do have more bookings now and I am looking forward to going back on 15th June......I just hope now that people don't leave it to long and we sell our total allocation of rooms and have to disappoint people.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• ehjames
    replied
    Hello, I have been to the Agean 4 or 5 times now. I first met Chris on a ski holiday in Madonna. And each time back in Kardamena.
    I too can vouch for all of Chris` comments. Great place. Great hotel, staff, accommodation and good food. Nicely positioned on the seafront, 1.5 miles from town.

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Hi Stephen

Thank you for taking the time to come onto the Forum to help put peoples minds to rest about taking a holiday at this great hotel.

I look forward to meeting up with you again on 22nd June.

So all you customers who were wondering where to holiday in 2016 come out to Kos and enjoy the great hotel and the excellent food they serve each day.

Please come onto the forum with questions or when you have booked or indeed if you have been before and would like to comment.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Stephen K
    replied
    HI,

I agree with absolutely everything Alison says (and Chris as well). I've just booked for 22nd June. This will be my fourth time at this hotel which shows how much I like it (or a lack of imagination!). I won't repeat what others have written about the migrants but I was there in June last year - with Chris as Tour Leader - and I don't think we saw any migrants. I would recommend this holiday to anybody who is thinking about it.

Stephen

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    Below is the reply to my thread which I have copied from the sun and sand are.............please help me keep this thread going and hope to see many of you in Kos this year.

Hi All (and Chris)

I haven't booked yet as I have a family issue to sort out first, but I can vouch for every word that Chris has said! I went to that hotel and location last summer and it surpassed all my expectations, so much so that I plan to return this summer if at all possible. Aegean Village Hotel is advertised as 4* and it certainly is. The rooms are superb, and the view from virtually every one is panoramic - to die for!

I, also, was concerned about the refuge situation that had just started to be publicised last summer, and I questioned Chris about it at the time. It is absolutely a truth that we saw not one refugee in our time in or away from the hotel - very probably because we were situated at the other end of the island. Whilst we all find the terrible plight of these poor people absolutely harrowing, there is also the economic plight of the people who live and work on Kos to factor in. And whilst we personally cannot change the future for the refugees, we can have a positive effect on the tourist trade in the beautiful island of Kos by keeping it alive and well for the future.

Last but not least, any of you that have already holidayed with Chris will know that you are sure to have the most entertaining holiday! I'm actually only going back because he told us at the airport that his tan was 'all over' but that it was then too late to show us! Worth a second look, I thought!!

If you are considering this holiday, then please rest assured you will not be disappointed!
    Hope to see you there
    Alison

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    replied
    The above is a thread I started in sun and sand but a customer who came out to Kos last year and is looking to come out again this year sent me a private message suggesting that I start again in the " New to Solos are of the forum.

Below is my follow up thread and her reply.

Hi All

I don't know if you are aware but there is now £200 off most dates for this holiday in Kos this year.

I cant say enough about this fabulous hotel.........it has everything you would be looking for in a Greek holiday and now with £200 off. I have not had any replies from people who are thinking about booking or have actually booked but maybe you have been before and would comment on this thread to help others.

I am away in Malta next week but will try to respond to any questions or comments while I am away.

Regards

Chris

Leave a comment:

• chris brown0217
    started a topic Kos for the 2016 season

Kos for the 2016 season

Hi All

My name is Chris Brown and I am the Solos tour leader working in Kos again this year.........this will be my 7th year so know the island, hotel and surrounding Islands very well.

What thoughts do you have about coming out to this great hotel this year??? Migrants?? I know that many of you have the worry about having these people moving around while you are away trying to enjoy your sun holiday but let me assure you there is nothing to worry about. In the time I was out last year I saw 5....honestly just 5 migrants who were in Kos town hospital very early one morning when I was there sorting out a minor illness for a group member.

Kos town which is where the Migrants arrive, processed and housed for a short period before being transported by boat to main land Greece is several miles away and in fact takes just under an hour by public bus. The village of Kardamina is where we stay and is the second largest tourist resort on Kos and can honestly say we never saw a single Migrant begging or otherwise.

So.. the hotel we stay in is called the Aegean Village hotel and as the name says its based upon a village setting, its close enough to Kardamina to walk into during the day or at nigh for drinks etc but far enough away to be quiet and relaxing. All rooms have a sea view as standard with views across the Aegean to other islands, flush toilets as we get in the UK with food that is the best I have ever had in Greece.

Please read the details of the holiday online or In the brochure and come out and join me this year...............can I tell you this as an honest statement.....if I though for a second that there would be issues with Migrants in Kardamina which would effect my own time out there this year (12 weeks) I would not go I promise.

If you were thinking of coming, already booked or thinking about booking and would like more information please come back to me on this thread and I as always will give an honest answer to any question.

Chris
Working...
X