Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran - anyone looking for a travel buddy to go with at some stage in the next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran - anyone looking for a travel buddy to go with at some stage in the next year?

Hi all,

I'm looking to visit Iran at some stage over the coming year and I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who was considering going as well? I want to travel around a bit and see the sites, I know you have to be with a guide and can't travel alone, but this isn't the sort of trip that my friends are interested in, so potentially am looking to buddy up, although it is early stages. I've never backpacked per say, but I love to travel and my favourite holiday destinations tend to be in Africa, there's still plenty of places I need to go, but Iran's snuck its way up to the top of my list. I travel to take photographs and that's one of the main reasons for my trip to Iran.

Alternatively if any of you have been within the last year and can recommend specific companies to go with or advice for a British female traveling to Iran, any information will be really appreciated. thanks in advance,

If the British female wanting advice was my daughter my advice would be don't go there and choose somewhere safer.

Comment

Originally posted by georgewn.1 View Post
      If the British female wanting advice was my daughter my advice would be don't go there and choose somewhere safer.
      Luckily my father's a little more open minded than your daughters. I'm very aware of the dangers, which is why I'm spending my time researching for a trip next year and looking for other peoples experiences of the country since the Iranian Embassy started issuing visas to British citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by georgewn.1 View Post
        I'm with you on this one George!!!

Comment

Hello JenniferMai,

Just to let you know I backpacked through Iran and neighbouring countries many years ago. It was dangerous, maybe more than it is today. Loved every minute of it and would not discourage anyone from going there. Be careful and only take photographs where allowed. Met some fabulous local people.
          Take care and I hope you find a sensible buddy to travel with...

Comment

Hi guys! Have tried to search some travel networks like this one? I found a few new friends very quickly there. It is free to register and establish your own trips with specs... And you can filter and search already existing trip really easy... I would recommend you to search these in the first place ;-)

Comment

Guys, we need your help! What place to choose for a vacation in Sicily, we are going in September. We want a clean sea, sandy beach. And not far from civilization. We definitely plan to see the sights. And so that in the evening we could go to restaurants, do a little shopping. We also want to rent a car to go see other cities, can you advise where and how to do that?

Comment

Working...
              X