Corfu or Crete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corfu or Crete

About to book for the last week of August, can't decide Corfu or Crete, any recommendations?

I would strongly recommend Crete. I haven't been myself but have heard wonderful reports.

Comment

I have not been to either Solos property, but I have visited both islands several times.
      I prefer Crete for the simple reason the Corfu has terrible mosquitoes, and I get eaten alive there. If you are susceptible to insect bites avoid Corfu.

Comment

been to crete twice, haven't done the corfu one because it is new this year, I can recommend crete, really nice hotel, good food and lovely family.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your info, looks like I will be booking Crete, yay!

Comment

Great decision... Fantastic place...

Comment

Hi
              Just seen this post, I think you have made the right decision. I went to Crete last year and Corfu this year. The Corfu hotel is more basic and is still a work in progress. However The tour leader Jane is fantastic. The Iraklis apartments and the family are lovely.

Comment

Don't go to Corfu, accommodation isn't good, my room wasn't clean. Went to Santorini last year and it was much better, resort is better, simple accommodation that's clean.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Richard View Post
                  About to book for the last week of August, can't decide Corfu or Crete, any recommendations?
                  Well I have booked it, 21 August to Crete - my first Solo holiday - anyone else going?

Comment

Hi - anyone else going to Crete on 21 August, got a feeling this really will be a Solo holiday as I think I must be the only one going!! Anyone else??

Comment

Hi just back from Crete and it was great. Good location, quiet and chilled. I am sure the week will be full but not many people go on the Forum these days

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Richard View Post
                        Hi - anyone else going to Crete on 21 August, got a feeling this really will be a Solo holiday as I think I must be the only one going!! Anyone else??
                        I am thinking of going but the dates I have is August 21 _27th

Comment

Working...
                        X