First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Timer

Hi everyone, I have just booked my first holiday with Solos to Kenya, so any advice would be very welcome.

Hi! Ive just done this trip! It’s amazing! There is a lot of time spent travelling but just enjoy it as part of the experience! Is there anything in particular you want to know? As for hotels 2 were amazing 2 were more basic but my thoughts were youve got to remember where you are!

Comment

Hi, it does look a fantastic holiday, I'm so looking forward to it. How much money would I need to take in cash, always seem to get this wrong when I go away.

Comment

Not a lot really as all food is in! So its just drinks in the evening and if you want to buy anything and tips! We gave our tour leader £40 for tips for drivers etc!

Comment

Thanks, what's the best currency to take? If I could pick your brains a bit more, did you take long and short sleeve shirts, shorts and trousers or just shorts? And is it worth taking a decent camera set up. Sorry for all the questions, I'm want every thing to be just right

Comment

Dollars or Kenyan shillings are best currency! I would take shorts and trousers and same with sleeve length and a fleece as youre out early! I’m not sure on the weather in October or mosquitoes which is why you need to be covered! Definitely take good camera we used them a lot to zoom in to see what we were looking at and the ones with the good cameras had amazing pictures! Happy to help with any advice ! With the visa I only put in first hotel name and phone number as it kept getting rejected when tried putting other numbers in and although i put my email in i never heard back i just logged back on the site to print it off few days later!

Comment

Thanks for that, was that the hotel in Nairobi you put on the visa application? Did you do the ballon trip?

Comment

Yes the Nairobi hotel address! I didn’t do the balloon trip but everyone who did had an amazing time!

Comment

Thank you, looking at electrical plugs, they look like they are the same as the UK, is this right? and another daft question, I assume you can use card payments at the hotel?

Comment

Hi! Ive just done this trip! It’s amazing! There is a lot of time spent travelling but just enjoy it as part of the experience! Is there anything in particular you want to know? As for hotels 2 were amazing 2 were more basic but my thoughts were youve got to remember where you are!

Comment

Working...
                    X