New to Solos. Travelling to Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Solos. Travelling to Finland

Hi, I am new to solo and I have just booked to do the Finnish New Year Adventure. It’s my first solo holiday so bit nervous. Just wondered if anyone else is going?

Hi Becksb - I'm just about to book this trip. on't be nervous, I've been on a few solo holidays and have always had a great time. Everyone's in the same boat. You'll love it

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Comment

Hi Becksb,
        I'm booked to go. I went to Ischia a few years ago and had a great time.
        I'm staying at the airport the night before. Are you?

Comment

No I am travelling to airport on the morning 4.30am taxi!!!

Comment

If anyone would like to meet for coffee once we are through security and checkin let me know?

Comment

Sounds good. I'll send you my mobile number.

Comment

Thank you, got your message

Comment

Just a tip I have worked out, National Express coaches do journeys through the night to most airports (especially Heathrow and Gatwick) from many start points. Handy if you have an early morning flight. It is a cheaper alternative option to just snooze the best you can on a coach travelling overnight rather than booking expensive accomodation at the airport and more practical than sitting in a chair at the airport overnight. National Express coaches also handy to get home if you arrive back late in the evening at an airport. Also coaches quite cheap, certainly cheaper than a train. Trains also have the risk of strikes or weekend engineering work.
                  Last edited by David.S; 18 December 2019, 14:17.

Comment

Hi - doesn't quite work if NATIONAL Express aren't actually serving the whole NATION - does it? Personally I would rather have the comfort of an airport hotel than sit 1/2 the night on a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Diame View Post
                      Hi - doesn't quite work if NATIONAL Express aren't actually serving the whole NATION - does it? Personally I would rather have the comfort of an airport hotel than sit 1/2 the night on a coach.
                      I have stayed at Bloc Hotel at Gatwick twice and you get little for your money. For starters no food is available. Price is around £100 per night. There is also a Gatwick hotel which has rooms comprising Japanese style pods just about big enough for a single bed and hardly anything else. If you have to be up at silly o'clock like 5am it is probably not worth bothering going to bed with the risk of oversleeping.
                      Last edited by David.S; 22 December 2019, 16:59.

Comment

Why don't you try a normal British mainstream brand - sorry multi-national - like Hilton or Sofitel or Marriott or Radisson - that is what I meant by airport hotel - not the small pods!

Comment

Last time I used Gatwick, I stayed in the Ibis hotel about a mile or so from the South terminal; I picked this because it offered a good deal on hotel plus parking with s shuttle to the airport on departure and the car delivered to the terminal on return. I'm not sure how it would work if travelling to Gatwick by public transport, though.

I tend to look on websites such as Holiday Extras to see what deals are going if I'm driving to the airport, although normally I use public transport unless it's an early departure or late return.

Comment

I'm travelling down from Yorkshire. Phoned up too late to fly from a regional airport. Paying £50 at the IBIS near Terminal 3.

Comment

Working...
                            X