Golf festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf festival

Lynne here, I知 a real newbie to this. Who is going to Mar Menor golf festival in April? This will be my first adventure with Solos and I知 rather apprehensive

Hi Lynne, no need to be nervous, remember everyone was " new " once. Sorry I'm not a golfer so not on this trip but you'll find everyone very friendly and helpful and of course you'll all have the golf in common with each other. Not many use this forum so you might not get any response here, but if you have any questions just ask and I can try to find out the answer for you. Christine

Comment

Thanks Christine, that痴 a shame, I was hoping to make contact with some of the group beforehand. Oh well! I will have to be brave! 😁

Comment

I think the general ethos, having done 2 Solos, is that everyone is in the same boat and everyone will want to talk to you - everyone talking to each other is the point of the exercise. Travelling is often a common interest on these trips and on this trip golf must be a common interest. You can phone or email Solos to get male/female numbers and age range to get some perspective on this trip.
        Last edited by David.S; 6 February 2020, 10:32.

Comment

Thank you David

Comment

Hello Lynne, I shall be going on the Mar Menor trip, as of today there are 31 on the trip at the moment. I was a newbie back in 2018 and the group made me feel very welcome, I'm sure you will not feel apprehensive after the first 5 minutes.
            Regards Peter

Comment

Hi Lynne , good to hear you and Peter are going , I have booked this trip as well . I have been on about 6 or more of the golf trips and have had a great time .
              You will get the chance to make friends with a great bunch , all the groups I have meet have been very friendly on the golf course and in the bar afterwards.
              31 going will be a good group size , could rise to about 36 before we leave with a bit of luck.
              If you have any questions just drop me a line..
              john.

Comment

Thank you for your encouraging posts. I知 looking forward to meeting everyone. Is there a meeting point at Gatwick or do we meet up when we arrive?

Comment

Hi Lynne , I am flying from Bristol , Solo`s don`t as a norm arrange to meet up at Gatwick prior to the flight , the first get together will be with the tour leader on arrival , info will be sent with your tickets. with a little bit of luck other`s flying from Gatwick might post a message to meet up at the airport.
                  John

Comment

But it is suggested that you look out for the tour leader, who will be wearing a Solos badge, at the departure gate - assuming that he or she is flying from Gatwick.

Comment

Working...
                    X