UK Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Breaks

Another question if I may. Has anyone been on any of the UK breaks? I like UK trips and would be tempted by the Torquay one. My one concern (other than coronavirus) is that they sound a bit formal and even mention wearing a suit and tie for dinner. That's really not me and not what I'm into. I'd like to be somewhere I can dress a lot more casually. Also is there a good spread of ages on these trips?
    Thanks.

Hi Deights, Having been to the Torquay break about 4 times over the years, I would strongly recommend it, its a lovely old hotel, full of character and the trips are
    good too, as for dressing for dinner, I don't think you will find everyone will have a suit on, some might, others might be smart casual, I myself usually wear smart trousers and a shirt and tie, as for ages, I would say the average is around 50, hope that helps.
    John.
    Last edited by J Dub; 30 May 2020, 23:55.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dub View Post
      Hi Deights, Having been to the Torquay break about 4 times over the years, I would strongly recommend it, its a lovely old hotel, full of character and the trips are
      good too, as for dressing for dinner, I don't think you will find everyone will have a suit on, some might, others might be smart casual, I myself usually wear smart trousers and a shirt and tie, as for ages, I would say the average is around 50, hope that helps.
      John.
      Hi Mate

Thanks for getting back to me. I love Devon and had a lovey trip to Dartmouth a few years back. I really fancy the Torquay trip but the talk of smart trousers and shirts really put me off. I would never take these types of clothes on holiday with me. Holidays for me are for wearing shorts or jeans if it's a bit chilly.

Comment

Hiya Dieghts ..as J.Dub.says not all will be wearing a suit .but in my opinion if a man has made the effort to be smart and tidy it gets a big tick in my book ....keep shorts and jeans for daytime and casual .Mo .

Comment

Working...
        X