No announcement yet.

Christmas & New Year Golfing in Vilamoura

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else seen the headline in today's paper "Ryanair pilots threaten strike chaos at Christmas" ?

Let's hope it's just a newspaper headline!

Graham.

Comment

Graham,
      Can you have a word with your mate from the golf club and ask him to recommend they go on strike in February

Comment

Good idea Roy, trouble is my Club is a bit of a ghost town at the moment as no one is playing as we are suffering minus temperatures so golf is more like ice hockey!

Comment

This is what today's (14/12) Times is reporting:

"Ryanair pilots across Europe are also threatening to cause disruption on Europeís busiest airline by staging a number of strikes over pay, contracts and working conditions. Pilots in Italy will strike tomorrow, followed by those in Ireland on Wednesday. Ryanair pilots in Germany and Portugal are also planning strikes".

Graham.
          Last edited by Jack Dusty; 14th December 2017, 08:18.

Comment

Iím flying sqeezyjet

Comment

Good for you Liz, you might be short of partners if everyone else is with the Irish!

Comment

Not sure sqeezyjet is any more reliable to be honest.

Comment

Looks like the strike has been called off. The airline has backed down.

Comment

Liz
                    Graham must have had a word with his mate from the golf club, it never made sense striking when the golf club is closed.

Comment

True .... why on earth would you take unpaid leave if you canít even play golf. That would be complete madness!

Comment

Good news. Not often Mr O'Leary backs down!

Decided no more even trying to play on our frozen, slippery course so have picked up my clubs from my locker and got them home for a good clean and to get the waterproofs washed.

Graham.

Comment

As I'm now only going for the Xmas week, I will definitely be up for playing an extra round Xmas day, heard the old and millennium courses are the best, if the Solo's are reading this, maybe they could look into tee times at these courses on Xmas day, I would imagine the courses will be extremely busy that day, so it might be difficult to book any tee times.
                          Less than week to go, soon be Xmas
                          Last edited by Neck; 16th December 2017, 22:52.

Comment

Solos have hgive me an upodate on numbers:

23rd December for 7 nights, 18 ladies and 19 gentlemen.

23rd December, 14 nights, 9 ladies and 6 gentlemen.

30th December, 7 nights, 21 ladies and 10 gentlemen.

Graham.

Comment

Definitely taking the waterproofs, just looked at the weather forecast for next week, Xmas Eve (Sunday) is not looking promising rain forecast, never mind soon be Xmas.

Comment

Really disappointed in the Pestana Vila Sol hotel.
                                1) room tired, phone didn't work so if you had a problem with the room it was a 10 minute walk to reception from the villa. The paths are a death trap, HSE would have a field day, poor lighting, I've had both hips replaced and every night I tripped someplace along the pathway, caused no end of pain.
                                2) Food in restaurant was a Buffet and a joke, one night one of the vegetables was crisps, I'm not joking.
                                3} The bar service and prices were a joke 12 euros for a gin and tonic
                                4) golf course was tired, should never have played 5 rounds there per week
                                overall on all the golf holidays I've been on this has definitely been the most disappointing on a lot of fronts
                                group way to large never spoke to half the people and eating at tables of 4 didn't help, I say eating...
                                Solo's need to do better

Comment

• Admin
                                  Admin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Hi,
                                  Thank you for your comments, I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your holiday.
                                  Please contact Solos Customer Service Team with your complaint, the email address is customerservices@solos.co.uk
                                  Many Thanks
                                  Trish
                              Working...
                              X