Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caribbean cruise 15 March 2019

Anyone else going.............?

Hi Zilla. Yes i am going. All a bit of whirlwind really, i booked on Friday.

Comment

Hi Missy, good to hear from you. I also booked Friday evening, so it is all of a rush. I did phone Solos on Mon just to confirm it is all OK, so can now start to think what to do.
      Am wondering about shore excursions, if I need to book. I've never been on a cruise before, so it'll be totally new for me.

Comment

First time for me too. I really don't know. My friend is actually on a cruise now (currently in Rio). She is back in the office on Monday, so i am going to grill her on the subject. I will keep you posted. What i have done is pay for a package which includes drinks and gratuities. There are different levels you can choose from. May be worth a look if you haven't already done that.

I am just waiting on the flight details really and timings when we return, as i need to start thinking about booking coaches etc....

Comment

I've booked the Tillbury to Victoria coach with Solos, £15. I think we arrive about 7 am at Tilbury.
          Did you book the drinks/tips package via CM?
          Solos thought the flight is around 10am but when I checked the Virgin www the flight is 12.30 - although they may have special extra flights for the cruise, I don't know. We'll have to wait for that.
          I'm not into dressing up and won't be taking anything special for the gala dinners etc, as I don't have anything!
          Will be interested in any tips from your friend!!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the coach. I think i might speak to Solos on that one. Just need to be dropped where National Express can pick me up! I found a website where you can book your excursions in advance - https://www.cruisingexcursions.com/i...5-03-2019/20/2.

The only thing is, i would quite like to see what everyone else is doing so I might wait until we are on the ship. Might cost more though

Don't worry about the dressing up. I am certainly not a heels girl either and i certainly don't have a cocktail dress to wear!!

Comment

There are a couple of excursions I really want to do, otherwise I'm happy to wait till onboard.

How did you pay for a package which includes drinks and gratuities? I tried logging onto CM 'manage my booking' with my booking ref but it doesn't work.

Comment

I booked it through Solos. On booking i noticed drinks weren't included so was my first question. I need my wine.

Give them a call and they should be able to get this sorted for you.

Comment

Thanks. Solos gave me my booking number with CM but it doesn't work. Will call Solos later. Need to go out now.

Comment

Hi There All, I also booked Friday...I have been on a few before but not CM......I must call back and ask about the coach to Victoria.....I live in greater London area...Where are you all from....How much did they charge for the package?....I am not dressing up either...;-).....

Comment

Hi DT, looks like we all took advantage of the cheap offer.
                      I'm SE London, so Victoria is ok for me.
                      I haven't looked at the drinks packages yet, not really bothered about them, so will check them later.

Comment

No Im not bothered by the drinks one ...The gratuities are set so I suppose it wouldn't make a difference......And all on the Friday- the email.....;-)....Yes that is a great deal......:-)....I wonder if there will be 8 of us by then?...

Comment

Morning - Just me that's bothered about the drinks then must have my wine.

I am in Birmingham. Currently trying to get more information on the flights. I spoke to Solos yesterday who seem to think they have chartered a flight which will leave at 10.00am from Gatwick. Currently trying to figure out how i am going to get there. Not doing anything yet though until fully confirmed.

Comment

I would guess the same about the flight, as the scheduled one is 12.30. Makes sense for them to charter a flight then transfer us all to the ship. Luckily Gatwick is the best airport for me :-)
                            Just curious, have either of you noticed anything about wifi availability on the ship? I haven't really read the CM www properly yet as it is so detailed.

Comment

Hi..I saw but forgot to ask solos when i just called about return coach......I saw somewhere could have been trip advisor that it was 2hrs for £10......I just asked how many and its 14 at the moment.....:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X