Jewels of Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewels of Jordan

I have just booked this holiday - anyone out there going on this trip 28th March 2020? Would love to hear from anyone.

Hi, I’ve just booked today! Apparently there are five of us in total 😊 Have you been on a Solo’s holiday before?

Comment

Hi There. I am so happy to find someone who is going on this trip! So far I have not seen anyone else going so great to hear from you.. Yes I have been on one solos trip before and I had an amazing time. Hope to keep in touch.
      Regards
      Shirley

Comment

Hi Shirley,

Good to hear from you! This is my first and I’m really looking forward to it! Please stay in touch and as you’ve done it before you can show me the ropes, so to speak.

Regards
        Judith

Comment

Hi Judith

I am looking forward to it too and definately will keep in touch. I understand that the tour guide is the same chap called Tam who was with us on 'Adventure on the Nile Cruise' and he is really nice. How do you know about the others who are going, as you are the first person I have seen who has posted on here?
          Regards Shirley

Comment

Hi Shirley,

when I booked, I asked the lady on the phone how many they needed for the holiday to go ahead? She said a minimum of six and that there were four booked so I was five.

I have so many questions but I’ll try not to bombard you until nearer the time.

Are you near Heathrow? I’ve booked an internal flight so I get into Heathrow about 11am so if you’re around we could have lunch maybe and hopefully find the others too? 😊

Judith

Comment

If it is Tam, then you will have a really good guide. He was the leader on a Solos Nile cruise I did a number of years ago; he really knows Egyptology in depth, and brings it to life and puts it over in a way that keeps everyone's attention, even if he did refer to the gods as "these dudes"! If his knowledge of Jordan matches that of the Nile, you'll be well entertained.

Also worth knowing, if you get a stomach upset on holiday, let Tam know, and he'll give you a "camel pill". It'll knock you out for a few hours, but in the morning you'll be as right as rain.

Comment

Thanks John, good info. there but I’ll give the tummy upset a miss, fingers crossed

Comment

Hello John and Judith. Glad to hear someone else appreciated Tam's expertise and I feel we are in good hands!! Judith, I think if the same applies we all get to go to the exec lounge or something where we can all have a drink and relax into the unknown!! Nice to talk to others going on the trip and it is now becoming real! I am getting a lift down to Heathrow with my son, but I think we will meet in the lounge. I am just as nervous as you so don't worry we can escalate the questions nearer the time. Please keep in touch both of you.
                  Regards
                  Shirley

Comment

Hi, oh right I didn’t realise how it was done but as I said I will be there early, all being well of course. It’s definitely become real now but loving having you to chat to. Maybe we’ll find others soon!
                    Judith 😊

Comment

I do hope more people join the forum for this trip. It is nice to talk to people before you dive into the great unknown. I don't know what time I will be arriving yet. I will be travelling by car from Ely in Cambridge, but I like to arrive early and take in the atmosphere, so it is likely that we can meet up beforehand. Rest assured I will be calling Solos for more precise information nearer the time, so if I find out anything useful I will be sure to let you know. My trip was a few years ago, so would like to be sure of any updates. Anyway, can't wait to swim/sit in the Dead Sea!!!
                      Regards
                      Shirley

Comment

Well we’ve a bit of time yet for others to join the party!
                        i thought I had a copy of the itinerary from the website but the one I found has us in two hotels and a tent....😂
                        I also want to do the Petra by night trip to which I think is optional. It’s all very exciting!

Comment

Yes I believe there is one night in a tent. Hope it is glamping!!! Way to go as you say, but lot to do in the meantime. Travel vaccinations, Travel Insurance and I need to renew my passport. Been debating whether to wait until the dreaded Brexit deadline has passed or not. I have an itinerary , but haven't looked at it for a while but I did note about the tent. The night Petra trip sounds good. If the organisation is the same, then we get together with Tam (the Tour Guide) at the beginning of the trip where he explains and takes booking for any extras. Also arranges a group donation for tips which takes the hassle away from what to do. Although I have been with Solos before I am still a little nervous so you are not alone. Like you I hope others join this forum, as it helps to feel part of the group before you get there. Here's hoping!

Comment

Hi Shirley, yes, I should definitely take more notice of some things but had a look on the internet today and the camp site and ‘tents’ look lovely as does the hotel for the night prior to that. I’ve thought about travel vaccinations but that’s it at the moment. Lots to consider. Have a lovely weekend 😊

Comment

You too!

Comment

Working...
                              X