My holiday is canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My holiday is canceled

So just heard my crete holiday on the 26th may has been cancelled which I thought it would be I hope I get my refund back promptly it was going to be my first holiday with solos and I am surprised more people don’t talk on this forum such a good idea to get to know people your going on holiday with

Hi, I haven't heard official about the cancellation yet but had resigned myself that it was going to happen.
    It might take a while for the refund to come through as i expect there is a long queue and some of the airlines are playing silly buggers. John

Comment

Unless you booked your own flight it really does not matter what the airlines are doing. Your contract is with solos so the airline is their problem not yours.

Comment

Hello .my Easter weekend was cancelled a.week before due to go . ...was a offered credit note.. .but i insisted on cash refund ..still not had a refund ..by law should have had it within 2 weeks ....many people in this situation ??

Comment

I too am in the same situation. My holiday was cancelled by Solos on 24th March and I have requested a refund not a credit note. Solos keep saying they can’t tell me when this will be so I’m still waiting.......has anyone else received their refund yet? I’m really disappointed with their service.

Comment

Hiya ...thats the answer i keep getting .... ..they cant give dates for refund. ..so frustating....

Comment

In my mind there are a couple of reasons for Solos giving credit notes instead of refunds.

1. They have no income stream at the moment so keeping your money in their bank earns them interest.
              2. If you only have a credit note you are compelled to book with them in the future and perhaps spend a bit extra on a more expensive holiday.
              However that might just be the cynic in me speaking.

The worry I would have is that should the worst happen and the company fails will a credit note be worth anything.

There is a course of action you can take to get your money if you are prepared to do a bit of paperwork but the risk is you might be contributing to putting the future of the company in jeopardy.

If you paid by credit card I wonder if you could rely on a section 75 claim, it might be worth asking your credit card company.

Comment

Hiya ..had answer to live chat and might get money end of June .!!

Comment

Hiya everyone, I am still waiting for my refund and I understand it will be quite a long wait. There was quite a bit on the news the other day in connection with refunds and credit notes. Apparently ABTA commented that if all holiday companies give out refunds to everyone at the same time they would go into administration, hence holiday companies are delaying payment of refunds plus a credit note may give them a little breathing space with some customers. There was also some mention of claiming the money back from your credit card company but that may be a lengthy process too. But as George has said the holiday companies will delay on the refunds as they will want to keep as much money in the bank as possible as they do indeed make interest on this every 24 hours. So I agree with all that George says as I am probably a little cynical too. There is also the worry like George said if you have a credit note and the company goes bankrupt, I doubt you will see the money again. I am happy to be patient for my refund as I know it must be difficult for them and I don’t need very much money back. I have no doubt that most of the travel companies will have quite serious cash flow problems at the moment, in fact I think there may be casualties from this crisis. I will just have to keep looking out for my refund but doubt I will book anything else in a hurry this year.
                  With Regards!

Comment

Mine was cancelled weeks ago and heard nothing - but I hear the CMA are investigating, so might try contacting them - they shouldn't take longer than 14 days to refund according to their own T&C's. I only want a refund and I am not happy about them keeping my money

Comment

My holiday was cancelled 6 weeks ago, still waiting for a refund, thanks for the update Mo65. Wish Solos could keep us updated with refund timelines.

Comment

Originally posted by nohol View Post
                        Mine was cancelled weeks ago and heard nothing - but I hear the CMA are investigating, so might try contacting them - they shouldn't take longer than 14 days to refund according to their own T&C's. I only want a refund and I am not happy about them keeping my money
                        I hope that the CMA have teeth and are prepared to use them unlike many other enforcement bodies . For example the CAA are allowing airlines to ignore the law and take downright liberties with customers.

Comment

It's a tricky one really. I think my holiday was one of the first to be cancelled by Solos on 13th March (a ski trip to Andorra) and when they called with the bad news, I was left with the impression that the money would be refunded within days. After not hearing anything for two weeks, I emailed and received a response that there would be a delay as they were waiting for the money back from the hotel, airline and presumably ski hire company....and there lies the problem; legally they should have returned the money within 14 days...but if they haven't got it, how are they meant to repay it? I am absolutely prepared to be patient (and am likely to just use the money to book up for 2021) but what I find disappointing from a company that is supposed to be customer focused, is the absence of any personal contact from Solos to either apologise for the delay or to advise of the options available. A generic apology on their website provides no information and places the onus on me to chase them up. They should do better and I find the company image less trustworthy as a result.

Comment

“Customer focused”... 😂😂😂😂

Comment

Can I ask if anyone has yet received a refund due to Coronavirus? I have been waiting for over 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X