No announcement yet.

My holiday is canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same response. Unlike other holiday companies they have chosen not to trade so will not pay us. Not sure if it is us taking legal action via small claims or via ATOL for 'further action' If anyone knows please post. If I find anything out next week will post.

Comment

Why would solos say ' they understood if I decided to take other measures to retrieve my monies!' . It would appear they want you to go for other measures. I am going to do a charge back on my credit card and also fill out a small claims court request and send in today. If the staff are telling us to take measures, the staff must know there is no money to give back. Worrying. !

Comment

I did some research on hidden travel. Their finance director resigned on 19 March and no new finance director has been appointed which can be a sign that there is no money as the director does not want an insolvency on their record. Their accounts which in other years were submitted between March to mid June have not yet been made up although legally they have until September to do so. I will try the charge back although if they are insolvent we will eventually get money from ATOL

Comment

So are we getting the money back from hidddn travel or solos? They must have money to give back to us solos are still operating I have now been waiting three months I was told a few weeks we would get a phonecall soon ! Charge back if the bank will do it can take over 60 days

Comment

The original payment was taken by Solos t/a hidden travel. The email I got last week saying they do not have the capacity to pay as they are not trading was from hidden travel. Neither company is repaying in the near future unless they can secure funding

Comment

Thanks Deb; how do we pursue via ATOL if credit card refund etc fail? anyone know?

Comment

Make a section 75 credit card claim and report to competition authority.

Comment

What do you mean secure funding? I’m calling solos tomorrow

Comment

Hidddn travel are active they are trading I’ve just looked online at companies house and also just rang them

Comment

Did Hidden Travel tell you they are giving money back today? They could be trading but have no money.

Comment

The exact wording on my email from Hidden Travel when I enquired what the new date for repayments was "Our legal obligation is to repay your money as quickly as we can, however, without trading, the business simply doesn’t have the capacity to do so at the moment. In the interim, we are looking at ways of bridging the this gap to allow us to begin refunds, however, the timescale of this remains unclear" I believe ATOL is online but have never needed to do it. Solos are not running any holidays until at least September.

Comment

This is the wording from my email dated the 19th June, I wrote again on Monday but only had an automated reply.

'In the interim, we are looking at ways of bridging the this gap to allow us to begin refunds, however, the timescale of this remains unclear and it would be wrong to disappoint you further with a deadline that we are unable to keep.

We would of hoped that we may be afforded some more time, but appreciate our time may have run out in this instance and accept that you may take this matter further.'

I also did the same research as Debs regarding the Hidden Travel at Companies House, I am trying not to read to much into that but it's hard when they are being so gaurded with any information they are giving us!

Comment

Ironic really 'Hidden Travel', if you dig deeper there seems to be a myriad of companies with 'controlling interests' but all route back to the same address.

Bookings are still being taken ... partial refunds should be made since airlines will have refunded Solos by now ... I have referred to my MP and Martin Lewis / MSE. This is a disgrace and for me the Solos brand is tarnished forever - whoever ends of owning it..

Comment

Is crazy they ignore customers. If Solos have no money to refund us where is all the money from past years? From Martin Lewis web site all airlines have been refunding for weeks now, even ryanair, solos must have money back but keep for themselves. I looked in companies house and Hidden Travel links to a web of 6 different companies, very strange.

Comment

I have just spoken to solos verbally a lady assured me they are refunding for March cancellations now she said it’s obviously all taking time blah blah it was meant to be 90 days now they don’t know when we will get refunded she was definitely just trying to fob me off it’s so bloody frustrating isn’t it I would never book with solos again this would have been my first holiday with them I think back a few months ago j spoke to a guy from solos he assured me that refunds would definitely be with us all within 90 days! Now we Havant s clud it’s disgusting

Comment

Working...
                                X