No announcement yet.

My holiday is canceled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinklady49 you have obviously just had the same conversation as me! Felt she was paying lip service?
    My trip was 28th March so just wondering how many holidays were cancelled prior to mine?

Comment

Hey Jude. Woman told me on phone today that they are in process of refunding the March travellers now! I’m getting more frustrated calling them do just have to sit tight and wait as I said previously I’m not ever booking with solos again

Comment

Yes, that’s what she told me but as you say how long do we sit tight for?
        This was to be my first holiday with them. I know it’s ‘unprecedented’ and all the other terms people use but I think that keeping us informed would have gone along way with their clients. She did stress this morning, you will get your money, she just couldn’t tell me when!
        I emailed Hidden Travel Monday but heard nothing other than the standard ‘thank you, we’ll get back ......’

Comment

Surprised to read you are still waiting. I got my refund on 28 May for a holiday on 21 March. Keep reminding them. Am sure you will get your money soon.

Comment

I received an email yesterday tilted "Update from Solos" which was sent by Chief Operating Officer of Hidden Travel which stated that...........

"I would also like to apologise that your refund has taken longer than expected. We were hoping to be in a position to refund your cancelled May holiday within a period of 90 days, however there has been a further delay to this process. This is the most regrettable situation, however please be assured that our team are working hard to get this resolved and will be in contact in due course with an update".

Would be very interested to know what is the cause of "further delay" - but I have my own theory !

Comment

Hiya Casherwood,

I have received a similar email last week from Solos, as I haven't received my refund either and my 90 days was up at the end of June. I have also heard that due to everything with the coronavirus ATOL no longer have any money either, so not sure how much protection they can give you if you do book a holiday. I just wish there was regular updates and companies were a little more forthcoming with information. I am reluctant to start a chargeback as I already have two in progress due to National Holidays going into administration. I will certainly be thinking twice about booking a holiday with anyone until at least next summer as I don't think we will ever be back to the old normal and i think there is a possibility of a second wave as other countries have experienced. I just hope I receive my refund from Solos soon as cant plan anything until I get my money back and I expect many people are still reluctant to make bookings due to the delay in refunds. A lot of the travel companies and airlines have all been pretty prompt with refunds and most now for March, April and May are finalised even some holidays for June and July are now refunded too. I am more than willing to be patient and understanding as these are unprecidented times but there will be a point where people will want to take matters into there own hands to get there money back. Unfortunately I fear that Solos will loose some of there very good and valued customers to rivals due to the delay in refunds. Good luck to everyone awaiting your refunds.

With Regards!

Comment

ATOL is the UK government and have money. If you were told different it is not true. I have not waited anymore and did a charge back and submitted papers to the small claims court. I don't want to wait to the end of the line or year to have my money back. I suggest everyone does the same.

Comment

Lyndag27 I’m surprised you received a refund after two months you must be in the minority I dont understand why solos have obviously just picked a few people to refund rather then everyone !!

Comment

No one else received a refund. I read details online at Companies House today and Hidden Travel has a new charge from HSBC bank on all property and cash as of 29 June. The company has nothing left and no cash. I spoke to my credit card company today and I will have my money back this week as I did a charge back against Solos. I would recommend everyone does the same before you get no money back.

Comment

I paid with a debit card can I still do chargeback

Comment

Call your bank and ask.

Comment

They can’t not refund us

Comment

Pinklady49 the Martin Lewis moneysavingexpert website has lots of tips

Comment

Thanks graham I’ve taken up a dispute with my bank to try to get chargeback so fingers crossed

Comment

I am not due to travel until November but am worried about paying the balance and having even more to try and recover, I have an on-going issue with HF Holidays who cancelled my May bank holiday break and I have made a complaint to the CMA and trying to progress it through my HSBC credit card who are being less than helpful.
                                I have been traveling with Solo's since 1998 and expected better of them than I have been reading on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X